7.30.2004

and-end



and you asked me, "do you still love me?"
i answered sometimes i do, sometimes i don't even think of you.

but you said it has to be yes or no.
black or white.

how can i force myself to comply to your sense of order?

when i totally can't say i don't love you.
but by not being able to say that i don't love you, does that mean i still love you?

the truth of the matter is, i don't know.
call me unfair, call me indecisive, call me whatever you want to label me.

but my predicament remains.

lucky are those people who can easily draw the line between what is and what is not.
who can say yes or no without even thinking twice.

that makes me unlucky i guess.

when you've loved someone, i don't think
you can really unlove that someone.
the depth of love may lessen or take a different form, but it will never totally disappear.

in my now less emotional state
and a little sense of clarity,
you can ask me again.

do i still love you?

yes i still do.
i may not think of you as often as before, but that doesn't mean i don't love you anymore.

now let me ask you,
do you still love me?

in your black and white world,
you simply answered no.

the period to all my question marks, commas, ellipsis and hyphens.

the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting blogger... accidentally stumbled upon it & wat do ya know, you had my eyes glued to it when im supposed to be workin at this time.
life is one big party with all the headaches and shit tht comes jst when ur startin to have fun...but wat da heck,live it.
we all have our own angst in life.. tht makes life both fun and sad at the same tym