10.18.2010

a thing or two

i was looking for my credit card which i never used. didn't even have it activated. but now i badly need it. and so i did what i normally do end of the year, unclutter my drawers at the office. i wasn't successful in finding my credit card (i did a pretty good job of hiding it so i don't use it unnecessarily). but i found a piece of paper that dates early 2000. it contains scribbles of what seems to be poems i wrote then. here's two.
----------- 
Singular

I should have known.
From what was not seen nor
Done,
From what was not said nor
Heard,
From what was not.

There was not.
There is not.
We are not
Not even  a we.

------------------- 

Game

I’m back in the game.
Staking my vulnerability
Dangling my privacy.

So tell me
Are we playing?
Or am I losing?
Are we a game?
Or am I winning?
Do you have aces hidden?
Do I roll the dice?

Who wants to win anyway,
We just want to be happy.
So let me play again.

--------------------------

No comments: