6.08.2012

book launch by a gay man author

an lgbt book! yey! :) friends, sisters, everyone. let us support the book launch of "Of God and Men, a life in the closet" by Raymond Alikpala. His blog is in here. jim paredes said he has personally read it and recommends it. book is less than P500. there aren't a lot of lgbt literature in the philippines by filipinos. so let's show some love to our lgbt community. =) i will definitely buy this book! :) and also buy some to give to friends to help educate people about us. will post some more once i've read the book. see you at the launch! :)



from the author:

I believe that people’s prejudices against gay men and women stem largely from their ignorance about our real day-to-day lives. If we can bring our hidden lives out of the closet and into the light, people will realize that we are not much different from everyone else, and that we deserve the same rights and treatment as everyone else. Change has come in many parts of the Western world, and I hope to do my part to foster change in the country of my birth.

“If you build it, he will come.”




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The title reminds me of John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men.

hmmmm... I might be able to drop by *checking schedule* - Joy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support, Firewomyn! I really appreciate it. Looking forward to meeting you at the launch! Please help me sell more books, he he ;-)