12.27.2011

The past days

Family reunions are NEVER simple. While I grew up with my parents and sisters, we are now different people with varying priorities and needs. Sure, the love is there, but so are nerves. For some reason, friction can't be avoided. And the shrieking kids who make mess that would make professional garbage handlers want to quit. There's also space invasion because since some live elsewhere but will stay for the holidays, we have to share rooms, some clothes, stuff, expense, practically everything. I love them, but I have to be honest, they drive me nuts, muttering spiteful words under my breath as I pick up one mess after the other. And by mess I don't mean just the stuff lying on the floor. So it's been a tiring, trying offline four days so far. I hate to say this, but am I glad I have work tomorrow. :)

No comments: