This June, dare to take a step for human rights by coming to the "29 Steps for LGBT Human Rights" festival. The 29 Steps refer to the 29 Yogyakarta Principles (Principles on the Application of International
Human Rights Law in Relation to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity).
This festival is open to all so please feel free to come and pass the invitation to your networks!
The festival, presented to you by Lesbian Activism Project, Inc. (LeAP!) and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, is a multi-media event which aims to promote awareness on the Yogyakarta Principles.The event would be a collage of the following activities:
1. PINK IMAGES: an art exhibit showcasing works of various LGBT artists;
2. PINK BOOTHS: walk-in booths where visitors can learn about the Yogyakarta Principles and the different organizations and institutions which help promote LGBT human rights;
3. PINK FILMS: screening of films (11am - 4pm) which highlight current issues, success stories and other themes relevant to the LGBT community;
4. LGBT GITING AWARDS: recognition rites of individuals who made valuable contributions to the LGBT community;
5. LAUNCH OF “COURAGE UNFOLDS” VIDEO DOCUMENTARY AND CARAVAN: the video documentary made by the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) and LeAP! about LGBT activism in Asia and the Yogyakarta Principles will be screened for the first time in Manila and other parts of the Philippines..
Join us in this fun and educational event. If you want know more about how you can participate in the festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keynote speech by the Dutch Ambassador Robert Brinks:
thanks to Super K for the tip on this event :) *muah!*