checking my purse, it hit me that i don't have the funds for a new book. ouch!
but i don't want to be the source of negativity here. i still have books i can read and pirated dvds i can watch. celebration must go on! budget or not! =)
you can also donate books to me or we can swap books. :)
*******i read from a friend's about mood shifting. because i get affected by feelings, being an emotional wreck that i am, i need to acknowledge that feeling then break up with it as soon as i can, specific to the not-so-good ones.
some stuff about books.
- i am a huge fan of jeffrey archer ever since "the prodigal daughter" even after his hiring a prostitute scandal.
- the book "if you see buddha on the road, kill him" profoundly affected me.
- "siddharta" which i borrowed from my best friend when we were in college, which he got in booksale, helped me justify mistakes/lessons in personal journey.
- i have just read the book "to kill a mockingbird" this august.
- i also recently bought j.d. salinger's "catcher in the rye" and haven't gone past page 10.
- have only read one ayn rand book, "the fountainhead" this year and gave my copy to a friend.
- met a friend from this blog and for our first meet up, we exchanged books with lez-theme. she also gave me this cool metal engraved bookmark :)
- "letters to a young poet" is one of my precious booksale finds at P30. i lent my copy to a friend who was broken-hearted then and she said it saved her. i so love the book that i gave it as a gift to a friend which costs almost P500 when i bought it at natl bookstore.
- the first book i ever owned was a slim pocket dictionary from my mom as gift to my bday
- the first gay book i read was "cubao 1980" for a book review. i bought my own copy but gave it as gift to a gay ofcmate (i was still straight then). now the book is not available anymore. :(
- the first management book i read was "first, break all the rules."
- the first book i bought online was a project management book for my certification review
- i so want to buy compilation books of palanca winners. maybe someday